I clearly have no clue at this moment. I launched CentrED server, it ran me through setup, created xml, but then closed and now on opening, even as admin, it just closes suddenly.
What could I do wrong? I think I followed the instructions completely, and I checked xml and it's seemingly alright too - correct paths, dimensions.

Okay. I don't know your specific situation clearly yet...but hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.
I've had this happen to me before...on both the server and client end, so when we figure out which scenario you're dealing with I can offer a few suggestions.

What client version is the map you're trying to edit? OSI made changes to a number of the mul files at some point which gives CentrED problems. CentrED+ seems to handle this to a limited degree. I recently came across a different version of CentrED+ which can read the newer TileData.mul (which really seems to be the issue in this specific case). IF that's your issue, just for editing, pull the tiledata.mul file from an older client.

Is this the first time you've used CentrED since the install? I've had faulty cache files clogging up the plumbing before. This would be located in users/_your user name__/appsdata/roaming/centred. I believe you can delete the files in that folder...but make backups just in case. I don't remember if those are client or server specific, but once they're gone, the programs creates new ones.

There are a number of particulars to the xml file. You're not missing any client files are you?

Back