ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Hello there,

I am new to customizing scripts in Ultima Online and could really use some help from the community here.

I have been working on creating a series of new quests to add some fresh content to our shard. My aim is to make the quests dynamic and engaging; with multiple stages and varied objectives. Although; I am hitting a few roadblocks and would appreciate any advice or examples you could share.

I want to set up a quest chain where completing one quest unlocks the next one. How do I script these dependencies effectively?

I would like the quest giving NPCs to have more interactive dialogue and respond differently based on the players progress. What’s the best way to implement this?

For some quests; I want players to collect multiple items; defeat specific enemies; and perhaps even interact with certain objects in the world. How can I script these complex objectives and ensure they all track correctly?

What are some good practices for scripting quest rewards? I am looking for ways to give a mix of items; gold; and unique rewards.

Also, I have gone through this post: https://www.servuo.com/threads/looking-for-custom-mlops-and-dungeon-scripts.8306/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

I have read through some of the existing guides and documentation; but I am still finding it a bit overwhelming. If anyone has any sample scripts or can point me toward some detailed tutorials; that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Back