ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Would anyone like to help me or show me how to do a Wiki page for a server. Don't need anyone to do for me but just show me this old guy basically how to do it where to do it. Is it free where do I go to start the process etc. lol
I used to just write old html code and host it on my old charter storage through my internet provider years ago. so the whole wiki stuff I kind of know how it works in theory but thats about it.

I know a wiki creation site that has a free plan—it's called gitbook.io, you should check it out! Just a heads-up, some features might need a paid upgrade. For example, if you want to change the site icon or title icon with an image from your computer, they ask for an upgrade. But on the free plan, you can still use standard keyboard emojis instead, which is a nice alternative!

lol Um nope all of it is news to me very Illiterate when it comes to stuff like that. Like I said anything close was what I did writing in notepad HTML code over 20 years ago and hosting it on the extra storage space charter communications (Spectrum now) gave us 10 megs storage.
So pretty much Starting from scratch would need someone to talk me through it prolly via voice on discord. Like I said don't want someone to do it for me but to teach me the basics, I catch on quick lol
I don't have money to spend on anything (disabled here so no funds for anything really).
Otherwise I will probably just write up html again lol
I have my old website still in RAW form still lol

You're definitely going to need more than 10mb of space for a modern wiki site.
If you have a budget, you can pick up a cheap hosting plan for around $10/month and it will come with a fancy control panel that you can easily deploy a wiki site from (the website software deployments are usually free and unlimited in how many you can make).
The host I have been using for over 20 years is AWH: Always Web Hosting
You'll need to register a domain name if you haven't yet done so, AWH offers that too but there are other registrars such as GoDaddy

Ya 10 mb was years ago lol was just free space they gave us was just saying what I had at the time.
Really don't have a budget to be spending on a hobby. Wonder if I could just set up a ftps server a redirect to it as a webhost I dont know lol. Just want to use it as a info page for when or If I actually do go live with a my server for fun.

Back