ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Hello ServUO Community,

I have been experiencing frequent server crashes & I suspect that custom scripts might be the cause. I want advice on how to diagnose and resolve these issues.

I have ServUO Version 0.5.1 I have several custom scripts running on the server, including new NPCs, items & custom events.

The server crashes intermittently & there are no consistent patterns to when the crashes occur;The crashes seem to happen more frequently when certain custom scripts are active.
I have checked the server logs, but the error messages are often vague or dont provide enough information to pinpoint the exact cause.

Also I have attempted to isolate the problematic scripts by disabling them one at a time, but the crashes still occur intermittently. Reviewed the server logs for any error messages or warnings, but the logs do not clearly indicate which script might be causing the problem. Searched through forum posts and documentation for similar issues but haven’t found a solution that fits my scenario.

Also i have find additional resources ; https://www.servuo.com/threads/server-crashes-when-player-uses-this-commandmlops-interview-questionsfixed.8551/
which is helpful response.

I am unsure if the issue is related to script conflicts, memory leaks or another underlying problem.
Thank you in advance for your help:)

Did you check your crash logs? You can find them in the main folder, they are txt files, and should help you figure out what is causing the issues. When adding untested scripts, I find it best to only add a couple at a time.

Hello ServUO Community,

I have been experiencing frequent server crashes & I suspect that custom scripts might be the cause. I want advice on how to diagnose and resolve these issues.

I have ServUO Version 0.5.1 I have several custom scripts running on the server, including new NPCs, items & custom events.

The server crashes intermittently & there are no consistent patterns to when the crashes occur;The crashes seem to happen more frequently when certain custom scripts are active.
I have checked the server logs, but the error messages are often vague or dont provide enough information to pinpoint the exact cause.

Also I have attempted to isolate the problematic scripts by disabling them one at a time, but the crashes still occur intermittently. Reviewed the server logs for any error messages or warnings, but the logs do not clearly indicate which script might be causing the problem. Searched through forum posts and documentation for similar issues but haven’t found a solution that fits my scenario.

Also i have find additional resources ; https://www.servuo.com/threads/server-crashes-when-player-uses-this-commandmlops-interview-questionsfixed.8551/

I am unsure if the issue is related to script conflicts, memory leaks or another underlying problem.

Looks like your servuo version is kind of old.

If your crash logs aren't helping you find the issue, run the server in debug mode until it crashes again.

If there's no debug.bat in your main folder, follow the instructions here

Hello ServUO Community,

ONe thing we did to help is have each custom script labeled perfectly. THis way you can remove them and recompile to eliminate by trial and error. This is assuming you dont have any log files of value.

Back