Deadrat

ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
None
Hello! So yesterday i got some help from a friendly fellow regarding a few questions i have, one of them concerned loot spawning. This boiled down to me noticing no magic loot is spawning on creatures what so ever. The only things spawning when i use creatworld command is an ammount of gold and the items set in the specific creature CS file, ie orc boots on orc etc.

The loopacks in lootpack.cs dosn't seem to work properly, Wands and scrolls seem to appear in random chestst but that is about it. I have tried just recreating bog standard servers of version 57.3, 57.1 and 54 but i get the same rasault in all versions. I get the same issue no matter what expansion i set, my goal is to run UOR though.
Anyone has any clue what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

/Deadrat

Is it possible that you're just checking the packs of the mobs while they're still alive?

The loot pack system generates loot upon death and adds it to the corpse.

Echoing what Voxpire said, most of the loot is generated upon death. Only items that monsters will have pre death is anything the monster script has added to its pack.

The following is part of the lich.cs script. Lich will spawn with these few items in its pack as it waits to be killed.
lich.cs:
        public Lich()
            : base(AIType.AI_NecroMage, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4)
        {
            Name = "a lich";
            switch (Utility.Random(25))
            {
                case 0: PackItem(new LichFormScroll()); break;
                case 1: PackItem(new PoisonStrikeScroll()); break;
                case 2: PackItem(new StrangleScroll()); break;
                case 3: PackItem(new VengefulSpiritScroll()); break;
                case 4: PackItem(new WitherScroll()); break;
            }

PackItem(new GnarledStaff());
            PackNecroReg(17, 24);
        }

The following part of the lich.cs script generates loot once the lich is killed.
lich.cs:
        public override void GenerateLoot()
        {
            AddLoot(LootPack.Rich);
            AddLoot(LootPack.MedScrolls, 2);
        }

The generate loot pack stuff can be found in your Scripts\Misc\LootPack.cs file.

When looking at TreasureChests Im assuming your talking about the locked ones that spawn in dungeons. You will want to look at your Scripts\Items\Containers\TreasureChestMod.cs script. This is where your dungeon treasure chest loot can be changed. I did change my treasurechests loot up since I felt they are extremely lacking and not worth the hassle.

Hey guys... so... yeah... i know.. i am an idiot. I did a Kill on a Balron and voila! Loot!
I thank you both for again answering my questions, however, if one does not ask then one does not get an answer (well sort of) :D
I will check the Treasureschest script aswell.

Thank you once again!! You are awesome!

Last edited:
Back