How do I install it?
You'll need UO Fiddler or a client able to use custom graphics.
UO Fiddler does have an official release...however, I use the UO Pixel version because they're more active.
Found Here
It does have a mediocre help file which can take you to a point. I'd suggest downloading it and playing with it. Also, look around in the forums for the How-To's...both on ServUO and UO Fiddler. I don't have time to put together a tutorial on a program I didn't write or maintain. Remember...always keep your original files and make backups of your modified files. This will save you from pulling your hair when you accidentally overwrite something and don't have the original file to restore it. Believe me...I've been there a few times.

As far as Clients able to use custom graphics, ClassicUO and Orion (what little community still exists for Orion) allow you to replace currently existing graphics with external images.
I use Orion when I'm working with graphics because I can make changes to the graphics and see what they look like in game without having to update the data file each time. Orion also allows custom map sizes...it's a shame it isn't as popular as ClassicUO because it's really full of features.

Absolutely gorgeous. Not sure if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong, but I lose quite a bit of some of them - especially the autumn foliage- when adding them in. Seems they're too dark and getting caught in the range that gets removed.

Absolutely gorgeous. Not sure if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong, but I lose quite a bit of some of them - especially the autumn foliage- when adding them in. Seems they're too dark and getting caught in the range that gets removed.
You are correct. It seems I missed a few of these (I thought I got them all). Problem is that the game wasn't terribly consistent with their colors so I had to make some adjustments. Every now and then, I'd come across some that I didn't think needing adjusting, so I'd let them go "as is".
Guess I'll need to go through them all to see what's missing what.
I'll release an update when it's fixed :)

Back