ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Hey, I'm aware of Odyssey but that's not what I am looking for. I'd like to just be able to play around on a Server/Game of my own with admin support so I can test things out. I don't have any plans to open it as any kind of server for others, just a single player. Is there a quick and easy setup that I can just download and get started? Been trying to get ServUO to work and all the stuff I am running into is just old, like back in 2022. Is there a quick game that I can just download and play on with added admin support? Can't for the life of me get even a server up and running without issues. Not sure if it's because things are all updated now so the ServUO is behind the current client. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That would depend on a handful of things one of which is what client version you have anything above 7.0.102 if I remember correctly is broken at the moment they made a whole bunch of changes that caused all sorts of problems as they always do however with that client or lower and the current serve you owe it should be as simple as set up the client create your owner account add the staff toolbar if it does not already have it I don't remember if it does or not go into the admin panel and then generate the entire world which is a handful of tabs that are pretty self-explanatory generate doors generate Moon Gates generate world once all of that's done generating just to be on the safe side save restart that way you have confirmation

I'm not worried it does not generate some things. My main concern is just trying to get a server up that I can play solo on. I've tried ServUO but I think most of the help, or maybe a lot of help happened a couple years ago and there is no current help for a 2024 setup. I've tried looking for Step by Step instruction but have come off not getting much information. Would just be super helpful if someone had the time to help me out.

That would be so helpful and if you do, I really appreciate it. I've been trying for a while now to get this server thing going but nothing seems to work. One thing also that I have not gotten to is how to make it so the client does not connect to the normal Ultima Servers and instead shows my personal server as a choice. And is it at all possible to run the new Enhanced Client or is that too new and ServUO just isn't designed for it? I know a lot of people do not like the Enhanced Client but I've actually been enjoying it so I'd rather play with that one if possible.

Can definitely be done. This is the setup I currently have.

I'm using client version 7.0.86.2 - you would need to obtain that. Happy to share a ready to go version of the server though, but would be a few days.

Like The_Ice_Phoenyx said above - they are making heaps of changes to the official newer versions of clients and breaking them.

Steps Below:

The steps below are the usual steps for ServUO initial setup from the Readme.MD - with some extras I've added.

### Summary

1. Starting with the `SERVUO/Config` directory, find and edit `Server.cfg` to set up the essentials.

1a - At a minimum you need to setup Server.cfg file and DataPath.cfg file, Server.cfg guide below and the DataPath.cfg file will need to point to your Ultima Online client directory.

DataPath.cfg

# Uncomment this line and set it to the path of the client files to set a
# custom data path. Otherwise ServUO will look for the client in the default
# Windows installation directories. Note that this is *required* when running
# on non-Windows systems.
CustomPath=C:\Program Files\Ultima Online

The CustomPath= directory will vary depending on where you have installed the Ultima Online Client

Server.cfg

In Server.cfg set line 8 "AutoDetect=true" to "AutoDetect=false".

In Server.cfg set line 24 to @Address= if not already setup that way - by default in the latest ServUO files it is set to this.

If you haven't setup port forwarding on your modem/router for port 2593 to the Servers local IP, players from outside your network should not be able to access your Server as it is anyway. This gives peace of mind though.

Explanation below & how I have it setup:

# The default setting for Address, a value of 'null', will use your local IP address.

# If all of your local IP addresses are private network addresses and AutoDetect is 'true'
# then ServUO will attempt to discover your public IP address for you automatically.
AutoDetect=false

# If you do not plan on allowing clients outside of your LAN to connect,
# you can set AutoDetect to 'false' and leave Address set to 'null'.
#
# If your public IP address cannot be determined, you must change the value
# of Address to your public IP address
# manually to allow clients outside of your LAN to connect to your server.
# Address can be either an IP address or a hostname that will be resolved
# when ServUO starts.
#
# If you want players outside your LAN to be able to connect to your server
# and you are behind a router,
# you must also forward TCP port 2593 to your private IP address.
# The procedure for doing this varies by manufacturer but generally involves
# configuration of the router through your web browser.
@Address=

2. Go through the remaining `*.cfg` files to ensure they suit your needs. Don't have to do this but you may want to. Best not to starting out just to get the server to run.

3. For Windows, run `Compile.WIN - Debug.bat` to produce `ServUO.exe`, Linux users may run `Makefile`.

4. Run `ServUO.exe` to make sure everything boots up, if everything went well, you should see your IP address being listened on the port you specified.

If you get ServUO to run correctly the first it should do is get you to create an administrator account also.

Note: If you are having issues during step 3 or 4 upload the errors here in text or screenshots for us to have a look at.

5. Load up UO and login! - If you require instructions on setting up your particular client, visit the Discord and ask!

6. Once logged into the admin account the first thing I do is run the [CreateWorld or [admin command and then go to ADMINISTER -> World building -> Create World for graphic interface.

Also run [DocGen - this will make a local copy of all commands documentation in HTML, just open index.html with a web browser - will come in handy when starting on ServUO - it generates the documentation into SERVUO\docs.

The above spawns all of the NPCs, mobiles, monsters, doors, signs, dungeons etc

If you want it setup to allow other local devices to connect its different again - let me know.

Let me know how you go.

Last edited:
It looks like the server is running now. Only thing/issue I am running into is how to connect to it. Is thee some change I need to make on the Client in order to connect to it?

Download ClassicUO and configure it or change the login.cfg file in the client directory to use 127.0.0.1,2593

On ClassicUO server IP 127.0.0.1 and port 2593

Back