Heya,

I'm trying to add some new land tiles (darker grass to start simply). Here's what I did:
  1. Opened UO Fiddler -> Land Tiles tab -> Show Free Slot
  2. Replace the 1st free slot I find with a .bmp (exported/recolored tile of grass) and save
  3. Open the texture tab -> insert another .bmp at the same index as the replaced tile (exported/recolored texture of grass) and save
  4. Rename my new dark grass tile in TileData, save changes + save tiledata
  5. copy/paste all files edited by uofiddler to my uo install

and sadly, when I open centrEd or run the server, all my mountain edges are broken:

1721223991248.png
If I revert texidx.mul and texmaps.mul, it's working again.

The problem seems to come from the textures as any flat surface (using a tile) is working fine. I tried multiple times to import a texture, in different indexes (always the same as the tile) but I can't find a solution to my problem.

If anyone could help, thank you in advance!

What are you replacing with what exactly? Is there any entry in TexErr.def for indexes that you are using? How tiledata texture mapping looks like for land tile?

I'm on a 7.0.20 client, and fiddler 4.14.0.
Nothing modded heavily, just added a few statics and animated statics so far, and they are working.

I'm replacing an unused Land Tile at index 14824 (0x39E8) with another .bmp which is just some grass (export of land tile 0x0003 that I then darkened) So the file is a correctly 45° rotated tile of grass.

Then in the textures tab, I insert at index 14824 a .bmp of the grass texture (export of texture 0x0003 that I also darkened)

Really nothing fancy at all. But I'm probably doing something wrong.

1721289626533.png
land tiles
1721289671338.png

textures

1721289724711.png

and tiledata
1721289754740.png
I used just 0x0003 land tile and texture as a source but it looks like everything is as it should be.

After saving files and replacing them in uo folder and in my centred server folder all looks ok. In this case ced# was used.

Ok found the fix, I though the link between land tile and texture was automated, since they should have the same index, but no, you have to type the TexID on that field in the tileData.
Your screenshot helped me AsYlum, thanks!
1721334153311.png

Ok found the fix, I though the link between land tile and texture was automated, since they should have the same index, but no, you have to type the TexID on that field in the tileData.
Your screenshot helped me AsYlum, thanks!
View attachment 24395
That's what connects texture and land tile art. There is no magic here you need to specify it :)

Back