Thank you for your hard work on the fix. Actually, I didn't look closely at the console, but there is another log error. This one is an “Attachment”error. Since I'm a beginner, I'm not sure if “Attachment” would have any actual impact on the game, but I still sent it out for feedback.

XmlSpawner2 Attachment Error Report
RunUO Version 0.5.8988, Build 31657
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
XmlSpawner2: 4.00
Time: 2024/8/14 11:39:51

Error:
Error deserializing particular attachments.

Specific Attachment Errors:
Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.XmlBackstab - Missing a serial constructor?
I knew about that one and its already fixed on my end. Here is the fix

Attachments

• XmlBackstab.cs
    2.2 KB · Views: 3
hello! trying the new 6.0 version!
the game runs and starts fine but
I'm getting this error(Attached)
I hope this is nothing serious?

And I read something about. name, job, health.
Does this work on all NPCs? or Few NPC with certain name tag?
I'm tried with few NPCs in new heaven by typing their name. Nothing happens.. maybe I got the wrong idea about how all this works

Thanks!

-- Little addendum --
I'm getting this pop-up about version being out dated. Telling me go to get 2.0.102.3. client
Does the UOPatch.exe it's telling me to run is safe to run?

Attachments

• 6.0 Error.png
    6.0 Error.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
hello! trying the new 6.0 version!
the game runs and starts fine but
I'm getting this error(Attached)
I hope this is nothing serious?

And I read something about. name, job, health.
Does this work on all NPCs? or Few NPC with certain name tag?
I'm tried with few NPCs in new heaven by typing their name. Nothing happens.. maybe I got the wrong idea about how all this works

Thanks!
Yeah I know about that weird CollosalToad error, I'll figure it out eventually but its not really hurting anything at the moment.

You can't talk to every NPC with "Name" "Job" "Health", only certain ones. Ones that are labeled Quest Giver you talk to by double clicking on them. There are not many NPCs with dialogue in New Haven, I didn't change that much because its already full of NPCs and starter quests. If you want to see many dialogue NPCs check out Briton on Trammel (just use the command [runaway to get to Lord British Throne Room)

Thank you for the response. I'll seek them out :)

And about the client version alert.
I launched UOpatch.exe it's telling me to run. I don't think it did anything.
It's throwing me this alert every hour(?) I think

Edit- No not every hour. every few minute. XD
it keeps popping up

Attachments

• 6.0 Error.png
    6.0 Error.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for the response. I'll seek them out :)

And about the client version alert.
I launched UOpatch.exe it's telling me to run. I don't think it did anything.
It's throwing me this alert every hour(?) I think

Edit- No not every hour. every few minute. XD
it keeps popping up
Do not patch anything it will break the game. I don't know why you are seeing that. Are you using ClassicUO?

I'm using the client it came with I think?

Didn't made any adjustments with the files besides the quest patch.

Attachments

• 6.0 Error 2.png
    6.0 Error 2.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 7
I didn't update anything.
5.4 I tried gave me this alert as well.
it gives that alert out of the box. maybe my other install of UO launcher is interfering? But I am running the classicUO in with the pack.
In Shard of minax folder

I didn't update anything.
5.4 I tried gave me this alert as well.
it gives that alert out of the box. maybe my other install of UO launcher is interfering? But I am running the classicUO in with the pack.
In Shard of minax folder
When you ran UOpatch.exe you updated to the latest version on the OSI servers. They changed the client when they released New Legacy and encrypted several files.

Just replace the files you updated with the ones included in the rar and it will be the correct version.

I think my edits on replies before got us confused. Sorry.

I didn't even know UOpatch.exe file existed.
its gave me that alert out of the box like I said.
that's why I tried UOPatch.exe
4.x version. The first time I tried Minax. it ran fine without that warning. but starting from 5.x version. I am getting this alerts out of the box.
1723642295686.png
Thanks for the response. I'll leave it be for now.

I think my edits on replies before got us confused. Sorry.

I didn't even know UOpatch.exe file existed.
its gave me that alert out of the box like I said.
that's why I tried UOPatch.exe
4.x version. The first time I tried Minax. it ran fine without that warning. but starting from 5.x version. I am getting this alerts out of the box.
View attachment 24646
Thanks for the response. I'll leave it be for now.
The alert says you are using 7.0.12.0. Some kind of lines are being crossed on your end between your various versions

I think maybe you are trying to use a version from an old copy of Shards of Minax. I updated the client at some point, the old one will cause problems

Attachments

• 6.0 Error.png
    6.0 Error.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
A very interesting effort! :) Thanks!
Since it's single player oriented, check to see if you might be interested in a system like this one, it looks like it might fit (and should be easy to integrate since you're using ServUO): Virtual Player Vendor (PlayerVendor Bot)
Oh this looks cool thanks! Yeah this is the sort of thing I love, I'm gonna throw it in if it works. It might give quite a lot of gold potentially, as I have a lot of powerful items in my pack that could be sold.

Glad you liked it! :) I tested Virtual Player Vendor in the latest version (v6) of your shard and the ServUO 57 version works seamlessly with no update needed to the code (from the package available on this site). You will most likely need to tweak some settings in PlayerVendorBot.cs though in order to account for the economy you're targeting (to make sure it's not overpowered and not underpowered, hehe), and maybe add some stuff to the supported SBInfo lists there so that some of the custom stuff can be sold this way as well if you want.

Last edited:
Glad you liked it! :) I tested Virtual Player Vendor in the latest version (v6) of your shard and the ServUO 57 version works seamlessly with no update needed to the code (from the package available on this site). You will most likely need to tweak some settings in PlayerVendorBot.cs though in order to account for the economy you're targeting (to make sure it's not overpowered and not underpowered, hehe), and maybe add some stuff to the supported SBInfo lists there so that some of the custom stuff can be sold this way as well if you want.
This is amazing, thank you!!!

Rutibex updated Shards of Minax with a new update entry:

Monster Hunters Guild update!

View attachment 24818

This update introduces the Monster Hunter's Guild!
Located at Serpent's Hold in Trammel it contains 45 Quest NPCs each with a quest to hunt down 10 rare monsters each, for a total of 450 unique monsters! When you complete each monster hunters individual quest you gain access to their shop, which allows you to buy the exotic animals you hunted in your quest (you can just tame them in the wild, but they get angry like dragons). All new monsters can be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Greetings i'm in love with the premise of this and all the crazy hard work you've done... I think i found a bug im not sure what happened but i logged on admin character and talked with the first npc around me who offered me a quest.. when i clicked refuse the whole server crashed. My guess it crashed because i was invisible or admin?

Greetings i'm in love with the premise of this and all the crazy hard work you've done... I think i found a bug im not sure what happened but i logged on admin character and talked with the first npc around me who offered me a quest.. when i clicked refuse the whole server crashed. My guess it crashed because i was invisible or admin?
Hi thanks for trying the pack! Please go into the server directory and find a file that looks like "Crash 23-8-2024-2-48-7.log" post the content here so I can figure out what is the issue.

Hi thanks for trying the pack! Please go into the server directory and find a file that looks like "Crash 23-8-2024-2-48-7.log" post the content here so I can figure out what is the issue.
Ooh sorry next time i will i deleted everything for the new update downloaded sorry

Great Job im trying to get all of the RunUO_2.0_Final_Repack_02-03-2011 merged into your efforts and most of it failed and has to be rewritten it looks but you have done leaps and bounds compared to me so I switched to your version and love that it supports so much.

Does anyone know where i can get a necromancy full book? New haven doesnt have necromancy fullbook quest ;o thanks if can help hehe

Great Job im trying to get all of the RunUO_2.0_Final_Repack_02-03-2011 merged into your efforts and most of it failed and has to be rewritten it looks but you have done leaps and bounds compared to me so I switched to your version and love that it supports so much.
Yeah I have harvested many ancient RunUO scripts and updated them. But I found a lot of them are unneeded because the modern ServUO just has the feature out of the box

The reward from Arthur King of brits mentioned a steed but i only got coconuts of clapping from him :O

I have a question (Although I don't know if I'm in the right place) : The latest version of Shard of minax v. 66, how can it work on the dated pc of a friend of mine with the following hardware and SW:

Ati radeon 4650 HD, 8 GB of ram, Intel duo core 2.2 ghz and SSD 1 TB?

Personally, being a very "complex" Shard, I fear that it may encounter Microlag experiences in play with this configuration.
Any opinion or experience on the matter?
Thank you.

I apologize in advance if I did not post my question in the appropriate section.

Last edited:
I have a question (Although I don't know if I'm in the right place) : The latest version of Shard of minax v. 66, how can it work on the dated pc of a friend of mine with the following hardware and SW:

Ati radeon 4650 HD, 8 GB of ram, Intel duo core 2.2 ghz and SSD 1 TB?

Personally, being a very "complex" Shard, I fear that it may encounter Microlag experiences in play with this configuration.
Any opinion or experience on the matter?
Thank you.

I apologize in advance if I did not post my question in the appropriate section.
I run the server and multiple clients as well as my web browser and Visual Studio all at the same time, and my PC is from 2015

specs: IdeaCentre K330B (77471GU) Intel Core i7-2600 8GB DDR3 1.5TB HDD AMD Radeon HD 6450

I run the server and multiple clients as well as my web browser and Visual Studio all at the same time, and my PC is from 2015

specs: IdeaCentre K330B (77471GU) Intel Core i7-2600 8GB DDR3 1.5TB HDD AMD Radeon HD 6450
Then probably the Intel core duo 2.2 ghz processor will be insufficient I suppose.

fresh install the token system seems to be faulty? do you have to initialize it or something? I was looking for some of dats old writeups apparntly there a master gump menu somewhere.

Last edited:
Rutibex updated Shards of Minax with a new update entry:

Skills Codex and Virtue Quests Update!

View attachment 25126View attachment 25127View attachment 25128View attachment 25129

Update v07 Skills and Virtue Quests

Today is a HUGE update! I have added a skillbook for every single skill in the game, each with 13 individual skills! This means over 700 new skills added to the game. How do you obtain these new skill books? You must complete Virtue Quests in Ilshenar to collect Virtue Stones. Each new skill codex requires a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back